COVID-19 Procedures, Updates & Sanitation Practices
Updated Wednesday Nov 11, 2020
These are uncertain and unprecedented times but what is not unprecedented is sanitation. As food service professionals, we have always maintained effective cleaning and sanitation practices and we will continue to be vigilant in this regard.
We know that COVID-19 can live on surfaces. We consistently take the time to educate ourselves, remain aware of changing Public Health recommendations and requirements, as well as regularly consult with health care providers and leaders in the food service industry about current best practices. As the founder of Fan/Joy, you have my personal commitment that I will continue to keep updating myself and you on the procedures and offerings here at Fan/Joy, as well as provide clear communications of the expectations and procedures that we are practicing to our staff, Jr. Chefs and volunteers. Staff also receive regular training on these procedures.
Here’s what I’m doing to keep everyone safe:
- Kitchen, cooking and prep areas are all thoroughly disinfected and sterilized before I start cooking
- We purchase food from our local farmers, only reputable suppliers and grocery stores that demonstrate solid COVID protocols.
- Currently, we have hired a Social Impact and Sustainability Manager who has been assessing all of our best practices as it relates to food production, waste and packaging. As we prepare for Christmas and the winter season ahead, we are going to use up current inventory and may substitute our regular packaging or food staples with those that I already have in the building. This will allow our team and my vendors and other businesses that I rely on as suppliers to ensure they are implementing best practices as we continue to learn more about the Coronavirus on a daily basis.
Here’s how to order our ‘Pop Up’ Weekly Gourmet to Go meals:
ALL ORDERS MUST BE PLACED ONLINE BY THURSDAY 6PM for pick up in Hillsburgh at 6pm Friday and Guelph at 10C Downtown at 5:30pm on Saturdays Nov 14th-December 19th, 2020.
- I am often working alone at Fan/Joy or with minimal staffing to ensure everyone’s safety as we enter the second wave of COVID and colder months. I do not answer the phone and cook at the same time. If you would like an order please use our online ordering system for Gourmet to Go, or if absolutely necessary please leave me a voicemail or email me at email@example.com. Please be aware that it may take up to 48 hours for me to get back to you.
- The restaurant is now closed for both dine-in and take out service until 2021 when I will reevaluate what is best for our company. At this time, I have decided to focus on providing you and your family with healthy Gourmet to Go meals, and to expand the number of youth that we can service with our Junior Chef Life Skills Culinary Programs. We will be expanding these services in Guelph as of November 2020 and I have also opened my private practice up to accept new clients for therapy to help folks manage the stress of their daily lives during the pandemic. More information on my therapy services and COVID protocols can be found at www.pamfanjoy.com
- Deliveries – So that I can serve as many folks as possible, the following will be our schedule for delivery of fresh and frozen Gourmet to Go meals:
- Fergus & Elora, Grand Valley: days
- Erin, Hillsburgh: Curbside pick up can be arranged by appointment, or will be ready for you on Fridays 4-7pm when we are open. Delivery on SUNDAYS is available for those who can not pick up (please note this when you order)
- Caledon, Orangeville, Damascus, Arthur: Sundays
- Guelph, Eramosa & Rockwood: Wednesdays and Sundays
- Note: In the weeks ahead we are happy to be offering you one weekend feature meal for hot pick up and from time to time I will advertise on my Face Book last minute pop up daily features for you to enjoy. I am working diligently to assess what our most vulnerable populations need and how I can be of most use during this time to our community. I have developed new recipes in consultation with a dietician and now have special meals for seniors at $10/per serving.
I look forward to continue serving you and your family. I know that with our health at risk, getting adequate rest, exercise and eating healthy is more important than ever. I am here to help you with that and we will get through this together.
Chef Pam Fanjoy, MSW, RSW